Chronic prostatitis is a widely misunderstood diagnosis. Causes of chronic prostatitis vary, but can be divided up into categories—Category III B non bacterial prostatitis/chronic pelvic pain being one of the toughest. Dr. Bahlani has specialty training in treating this type of prostatitis which is widely misdiagnosed and mistreated.
What are the symptoms of chronic prostatitis?
Chronic prostatitis can develop slowly and may last for months or longer. The symptoms of chronic prostatitis include:
- Frequent need to urinate
- An urgent need to urinate, accidents
- Burning or pain when peeing
- Dull pain around the genitals, lower back, lower abdomen, anus
- Pain during or after ejaculation
- Inability to urinate
- Difficulty starting the urine stream
- Penis pain
- Scrotum pain
- Fever, aching body
- Erectile dysfunction
- Pain at the tip of the penis
In many cases, our male patients have been to several doctors or tried several treatments to resolve chronic prostatitis and have been unable to achieve lasting relief.