Have you ever felt a sharp jolt of pain in your pelvis near the middle of your cycle? You might be one of the many women who experience a phenomenon (unofficially) known as “lightning crotch.” The technical term, vulvodynia, refers to an as-of-yet unexplained, chronic pain that occurs in or around the vagina. Dr. Sonia Bahlani recently spoke with Romper, an online platform for millennial moms, on potential causes of this unpleasant sensation and how to find relief. Turns out, it’s all about the brain-body connection.
- Pelvic Pain Doc and Dr. Oz on How CBD Can Help Relieve Pelvic Pain
- Why are My Periods so Painful? What You Should Know About Dysmenorrhea
- Romper: When “Normal” Pelvic Pain During Pregnancy Is A Concern, According To Experts
- Romper: 7 Signs Of Symphysis Pubis Dysfunction, According To A Pelvic Pain Specialist
- The Woke Desi Podcast – Time to Get Sexcited
More posts by Dr. Bahlani