Have you ever felt a sharp jolt of pain in your pelvis near the middle of your cycle? You might be one of the many women who experience a phenomenon (unofficially) known as “lightning crotch.” The technical term, vulvodynia, refers to an as-of-yet unexplained, chronic pain that occurs in or around the vagina. Dr. Sonia Bahlani recently spoke with Romper, an online platform for millennial moms, on potential causes of this unpleasant sensation and how to find relief. Turns out, it’s all about the brain-body connection.
- Women’s Health: There Are Major Health Benefits When You Masturbate On Your Period
- Demystifying Common Pelvic Floor Dysfunction Symptoms
- Inc.: How 4 Companies are Dealing With Big Coronavirus-Related Demand
- The Benefits of Virtual Appointments With Pelvic Pain Doc
- Understanding CBD: What We Know, What We Don’t Know, What We SHOULD Know
More posts by Dr. Bahlani