Have you ever felt a sharp jolt of pain in your pelvis near the middle of your cycle? You might be one of the many women who experience a phenomenon (unofficially) known as “lightning crotch.” The technical term, vulvodynia, refers to an as-of-yet unexplained, chronic pain that occurs in or around the vagina. Dr. Sonia Bahlani recently spoke with Romper, an online platform for millennial moms, on potential causes of this unpleasant sensation and how to find relief. Turns out, it’s all about the brain-body connection.
- Understanding Painful Bladder Syndrome: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment Options
- What Causes Pelvic Pain in Men and How Can it be Treated?
- What’s Causing My Pelvic Pain? Why It Hurts and How to Find Relief
- When Sex Hurts: Understanding Pelvic Pain and Intercourse
- Lifehacker Feature: What You Need to Know About Pain During Sex
More posts by Dr. Bahlani