Have you ever felt a sharp jolt of pain in your pelvis near the middle of your cycle? You might be one of the many women who experience a phenomenon (unofficially) known as “lightning crotch.” The technical term, vulvodynia, refers to an as-of-yet unexplained, chronic pain that occurs in or around the vagina. Dr. Sonia Bahlani recently spoke with Romper, an online platform for millennial moms, on potential causes of this unpleasant sensation and how to find relief. Turns out, it’s all about the brain-body connection.
- A Guide to Pudendal Neuralgia: Symptoms, Causes and Treatment Options
- What are the First Signs of Endometriosis?
- Intimate Rose: Pelvic Pain Treatment, Management & Techniques
- The Back Story Podcast: Pelvic Pain and How to Treat Sexual Dysfunction – Episode 8
- As Featured on Mashable: Painful sex and mental health have a surprising relationship